Thomas Butler, CFP®, ChFC
With over 35 years industry experience, Tom’s career has covered the spectrum of Financial Services. His responsibilities have included management, sales, education as well as seminar speaking. After attending Gateway College of Evangelism, Tom pursued his financial service education, receiving his Certified Financial Planner® designation in 1983. Requiring a Bachelor's Degree to enroll, CFP® consists of six post-graduate level courses, including retirement planning, financial planning, investments, taxation, employee benefits and estate planning. Tom continuously achieves approval by the CFP's® Board of Standards, Inc., meeting all education and ethical standards. After completing his CFP® studies, he began pursuing his education through The American College, achieving the Chartered Financial Consultant designation in 2002. In addition to speaking to various church groups and civic organization he has been instructor of Ministerial Finance at Indiana Bible College for over 20 years. In 1984 he founded Strategic Financial Advisors, Inc, a fee based, SEC Registered Investment Advisory firm. Tom is a Registered Securities Representative and has also been an SEC Registered Principal. Tom’s firm, Butler Financial Services, provides investment services to numerous clients throughout the Midwest and also serves clients in Florida, Oklahoma, California, and Alaska. Tom also owns Butler Insurances Agency, Inc., a 50 year old independent property & casualty insurance agency representing more than 20 of the country's highest rated insurance companies. Contributing to Tom's general business knowledge, he has ownership experience in various entity types. including Sole Proprietorship, Partnership, S Corporation, C Corporation and LLCs. Tom has also extensive experience working with various types of trust owned assets, and has worked as a consultant with a variety of church boards regarding topics such as general church planning, compensation structures, employee benefits, and risk management.
Tom’s years of experience have allowed him to work with many successful individuals and numerous corporate and non-profit clients in the 401(k), 403(b) and non-qualified arena.
A few are:
- Methodist Health Foundation. (part of IU Health, one of the largest inpatient Health Care System in the Country) Worked with donors in planned gift funding and working with Chief Financial and Operations Manager regarding capital campaign.
- Citizens Gas and Coke Utility. Formulated investment plan and facilitated Structured Settlement for Workers Compensation settlement.
- Indianapolis Power and Light. Lead person in negotiation between the IPL Board of Directors and IBEW Union to implement a thrift savings and insurance package. Continued as lead enroller, managing seven additional enrollers to facilitate nearly 2200 employee enrollment.
- Hancock County Community Foundation. Worked with Executive Director to formulate and implement employee benefit package.
- Anacomp/Xidex. Conducted group employee presentations and supervised enrollment of voluntary payroll deduction savings plan. Managed enrollment of 7000 plus employees in 35 states.
Tom serves or has served:
* Calvary Tabernacle Church – Board of Directors
* Calvary Christian School – Board of Directors - President
* Hancock County Community Foundation Professional Advisors Council
* Hancock Health Foundation - Board Member - Vice Chair
* Hancock Health Foundation Planned Gifts Committee - Chair
* Hancock County Community Foundation - Legacy Properties - Past Chair
* Greenfield Central School Corporation – Academy of Finance - Board of